Morgan County's economy boasts a diverse workforce primarily engaged in agriculture and manufacturing. Agriculture, including crop cultivation and livestock farming, remains a key industry. Manufacturing plants produce various goods, while healthcare and retail sectors provide essential services. MCEDC works closely with our businesses to ensure students learn the right skills to fill companies' needs. There are also multiple rskilling and up-skilling programs for employees needign those services. The workforce reflects the county's rural and agricultural character.
Morgan County Labor Force
As of 2019, 64.1% of Morgan County workers live in Morgan County. The remaining 35.9% of workers live in the surrounding counties and commute daily. Companies can also draw on employees from the surrounding East Colorado region, as most residents are accustomed to traveling to Morgan County for shopping, dining, educational, and medical needs.
EMPLOYMENT BY INDUSTRY
The most common employment sectors for those who live in Morgan County, CO, are Manufacturing (2,248 people), Health Care & Social Assistance (1,524 people), and Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting (1,282 people). This chart shows the share breakdown of the primary industries for residents of Morgan County, CO, though some of these residents may live in Morgan County, CO and work somewhere else. Census data is tagged to a residential address, not a work address